Marco Brambilla

Marco Brambilla is a video artist from Millan, Lombardy, Italy who lives and works in Italy. He is most famously known for his video collage and installations. His installations have been screened at Venice Film Festival, and Sundance Film Festival. He also made a short film in 2005 called Sync which was screened at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival as well as the Sundance Film Festival.
One of his most famous works that brought him into the mainstream world was his one-minute music video for Kanye West’s song “power” in 2010.

The piece was inspired by Michelangelo’s frescos in the Sistine Chapel, and it sort of reminded me of one of the previous artist we did Rashaad Newsome.

Another one of his really cool video installations that I found to be the most intriguing is “Cathedral.”

It’s a 9:32 video that was filmed in a mall and was installed in a mirrored box, which brought it into three dimensions and multiplied the images. It was very interesting because the way I was looking at it was that shoppers during Christmas time (when this video was filmed) really look at malls as cathedrals and are so entranced by it.